Wednesday, 16 July 2014

how to make money online

You’ll find tons of articles like “21 steps to Make Money Online”, or “Work from Home” from these teachers, moms, dads and even from a pothead.
Instead of giving you a list on “How to Make Money Online”, I want to keep this post different.
On this section, allow me to lay down some foundation and I’ll share with you what “I” do to make money online and how it’s finally working for me.

And let me just tell you now, I’m not revealing some secrets here.  It’s a clear road we all have access to and I’ve just learn to walk in it.
I’ll keep it short and simple and to the point for I know how busy everyone is nowadays… plus that’s the way I would want it too. So, here is goes…

Two Words to your Success Online:

1) Consistency

2) Action

Like many of you, I’ve been a collector of information for all of year 2012 and most of 2013 and I realized that this is exactly why I was not and most people are not seeing any results online.
We don’t do this as much in the offline world, but somehow on online, we feel like since this is the Internet, hording and gathering information somehow will do the trick for us.
Going from offers to offers, software to software, something tells us that there has to be some easy push-button way to make money without any of my own effort.
How ridiculous is that?
It’s a killer to your success. Nothing will happen until you take action… consistent action that is.
Just within the past 3 month, I took action with information that I already had and its been yielding results right away.  Again those actions are no secret either.  Its plain as day for everyone and I just walked it.  That’s it.
I’m know many of you are reading this now because you’re looking for something, but stop already.  I think you already know unless you’re a real newbie to the game.
And if you are a newbie, you don’t need to buy anything, it’s all FREE online.  Just Google away.
So, Consistent Action is the name of the game to making money online. With that said, let me tell you what I’ve been doing to make money online.

What I’m Doing to Make Money Online Now

Affiliate Marketing

I promote other people’s products to make a commission.
I specifically only do high-ticket items to maximize my work in driving traffic to the offer.  It only makes sense if you think about it.
It’s so much easier to make 1 or 2 sales from high-ticket item than having to make 100 sales to yield same profit.  Take a look at the breakdown.
high vs low ticket item
Cost or work involved in driving same amount of visitors to low or high-ticket item is virtually the same, but the return on investment (ROI) is so much, much and much greater.
Now, let me get to what I think you’re thinking about, how do I drive traffic?  Here is what I do.

Blog and PPC (Paid-Per-Click)

1. Blogging

Blogging is what you’re reading here which doesn’t cost anything, but the cost is my time and the old adage goes, “Time is money” or some say, “Time is more than money”, I agree with the ladder.
Driving traffic through blog takes time, which means you’re waiting, stressing, building, tweaking and so much more “–ings” to get your blog rolling.
It’s not rocket science, but there is a steep learning curve which requires commitment and patience.  Plus blogging offers so much more than just traffic, it gives me focus and helps you organize your thoughts and your life.
This is crucial in anyone’s life and I sincerely believe that everyone should blog for this reason alone.
Next method that has been working well for me is…

2. PPC

PPC means Paid-Per-Click and you’re essentially demanding and controlling traffic.
I can send 1000s of clicks to my offer today, tomorrow or for the next entire week except on Sunday if I want to.
As long as I know the conversion rate, which just means how many clicks it takes to make one sale (i.e 100 Clicks = 3 Sales = 3% Conversion Rate), I can send traffic as long as my spending is less than what 3 sales will bring me.
PPC 3 percent Conversion Rate
Can you see how powerful this can be and how blogging to drive traffic doesn’t really make sense. (I love Blogging by the way…)
I do understand that this method is not for everyone, and it’s just because most people don’t treat it like a business. Again, it’s that whole Internet mindset thingy, people wouldn’t mind spending $1000s for businesses like subway, but for some reason they mind for Internet businesses.
This is why it’s finally working for me.  I started treating this like a real business and spent a little money on PPC, which was whole new uncharted territory for me.
I was on this whole mindset of don’t spend any money on marketing and it didn’t get me anywhere.
Now, I’m doing what I’m telling you here for the past few months and I’m seeing results. No secret, no magic… just a clear road that’s always been there and I’m just walking in it one step at a time. That’s it and it’s finally working!!!
This is such a breakthrough for me.  I took a leap of faith and things are different when it comes to making money online now.  I’m starting to see why it didn’t work all of these years.
Besides affiliate marketing, I am also an eBayer.

eBay

I believe eBay is more revolutionary than Apple and Amazon put together.
Apple did have it’s impact on the music industry, but music industry is tiny compare to consumer goods industry. And Amazon does have bigger market share now, but Amazon is not the pioneer, they got into it seeing the potential eBay laid out in the beginning.
eBay has literally turned every Americans into an entrepreneur.  If you have a product, you can sell it.  As simple as that might sound, it’s very profound.
However, over the years, lot has changed and they’ve made it more difficult for people to make a profit.
There is a saying about eBay that goes: too much work, too little gain.  I agree. However, being on eBay for very long time has taught me how I can switch that around and make it “Little work, much gain”. You’ll find tons of article along the lines of “how to sell on eBay” and they’ll talk about the pictures, description and timing of your listings and etc… but if your focus is there, you are entering into “too much work, too little gain” zone.
You basically want to sell something where you don’t have to go there… Think about it… No nice picture… not need for meticulous description… and forget about timing… Can you start to see what I mean by “Little work”?
Then ask yourself, what product is there to do that?
It’s all comes down to research.  It’s all about finding and sourcing a product where you don’t have to have nice pictures to show or fancy description or the right timing to attract most buyers.  A product that everyone knows about…
What can that be?  Hmmm…. Oh, I have one…. Gift Cards.
Yes, source any valued gift cards and see if you can sell it on eBay for a profit with all the fees.
And if you have a good source, just imagine how easy everything can be with pictures, descriptions, listing and shipping.  It’s a huge leverage simply because of the right product.
Another type of item I recommend on eBay is selling products that you like.  If you like the product, then you’re basically supporting and funding your own hobbies.
So in this case, you can mix business and pleasure?
I have a friend that collects Nike shoes and he has a nice business on the side buying and selling on eBay.  Yes buying too… and selling it.
I’m talking about Nike Shoes that doesn’t sell on Footlockers.  One of those very rare, hard to find colors and designs.  People pay top dollars for those.
So there you have it.  Affiliate Marketing and eBay… That’s what I do.
I tried Freelance writing on Elance or Odesk, but it’s just not for me.  I find myself to be more entrepreneurial spirit to be given a specific task for money.
So, find whatever floats your boat and stay consistent with it and I know you’ll experience results right away.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment